Smarter leads for smarter business
The current lead gen form provides brokers with very little insight or information about a customer. At best, and if we're lucky, we get a real name, an email address and a simple request depending on what triggered the form such as "find out what your home is worth" or "schedule an appointment." Beyond that, we know nothing of real significance about these individuals that would help them find the home of their dreams and help us connect them with an agent. As brokers, we are supposed to hand these leads off to agents based on very slim criteria defined by who's next on the list to get a lead, etc. If this is the customer's first interaction with a brokerage or the agent, it's not starting on the right foot. Two things are missing:
- The inquiring party is defined by their request, not by their needs, desires or who they are
- The potential right agent who would be the best choice for these people are not being offered the lead.
Lead gen forms need to ask better questions of our online visitors - questions they would want to answer. These questions would pertain to their needs and provide them an experience that not only helps them articulate their needs, but also shows them a side of the brokerage they typically don’t experience online. These questions could include things like:
- What style architecture best defines your lifestyle?
- How far is the maximum distance you want to commute to work?
- Describe the dream view you’d like to have from your home?
- What 3 neighborhoods would be the ideal place for you to live?
- What sorts of things do you love doing on the weekend?